We have for members of MOU 08 & 17 the City’s response to MOU 8 & 17 Final Settlement Proposal.
We have verified the legitimacy of the Documents and present them with the knowledge they may be subject to change but the likelihood of that is extremely slim.
This final proposal Will be submitted to the Members of MOU 08 & 17 and the past practice of the Union is to fail to provide the Actual Contract to the members as was the case in the ratification election and re-vote with MOU 18.
As much as I attempt to stop myself from highlighting the agreement it is something I can not resist as it draws attention to critical points.
I will remain unbiased and instead challenge the Leaders along with the bargaining Team members of MOU 08 & 17 to support or not support this agreement and Paul Kim to act responsibly or face the same fate as the MOU 18 Rep.
In the interest of fairness the Executive Board of this union should make certain that the Full text of the agreement as well as Unbiased voting information is presented to the members for their ratification vote.
Michael Hunt has taken a long journey on behalf of the MOU 08 & 17 members as have many others who led them away from EAA and into SEIU 721, Can they now tow the union line or will they speak honestly on the merits of this contract?
It is my belief that this contract is NOT what they had in mind when they began their journey and I can’t see the majority of the members or the bargaining team backing this contract.
Below are the Main points of the agreement followed by the Actual proposal Page 1 in jpeg format as well as the entire PDF for download.
Term: July 1, 2010 – June 30, 2014
Breakdown 2% increase in 2011 & 3% in 2013 comes out to 4 years +0.8% per year raise, minus 4% Increased Retirement totals -11% in contribution, -1.5% Salary reduction July 2011 to June 30, 2013, you do the math.
- Pro: Vests two-party retiree health benefit
- Con: 4% Member Contribution effective 7/1/11 For Life
- 2.00% Effective 7/3/11
3.00% Effective 6/30/13
- Pro: None
- Con: 2011-12 & 2012-13 in all departments and for all classifications Step Freezes shall apply to all steps for probationary, promotional or any other step movement.
Savings/Wage/Re-opener Based on the 4th quarter 2012 Financial Status Report:
- Pro: Possible COLA or other compensation
- Con: Review the need for furloughs or other savings concessions in FY 2013-14
- Pro: guaranteed no furloughs during first two years of the contract
- Con: Furloughs dependent on F.S.R. for third year of contract and beyond
Management retains the right to impose layoffs
Citywide holiday shutdown 2011 & 2012
- Pro: 4 Days off in 2011 & 2012
- Con: 1.5% Salary Reduction beginning on July 3, 2011 and ending on June 30, 2013
- Pros: Maintained for criminalists as currently defined.
- Con: All other uniform allowances shall be dropped.
- In lieu of meet-and-confer, the parties agree to meet and discuss